Press Brake Operator
Reports to: Production Manager/Lead
The Press Brake Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the press brake to bend metal that conforms to the customer’s blueprint specification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
1. Operate press brake machine for production fabrication.
2. Set-up and troubleshoot machine as problems arise
3. Hold all dimensions according to blueprint specifications.
4. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations.
5. Ensure quality parts.
6. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each skill satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School Diploma.
2. 1 – 5 years of related press brake experience.
3. Analytical and mathematical skills to interpret layouts and blueprints.
4. Ability to set-up machine and troubleshoot problems as they occur.
5. Knowledge and ability to use dial/digital calipers to measure and hold geometric tolerances.
6. Physical requirements – person must stand for the entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds repetitively throughout the shift, and have good balance
along with hand-eye-foot coordination.
7. Must have their own tools (caliper, square, protractor, etc)
8. Must be self-motivated, team player and have good communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.