Reports to: Weld Lead
Under general supervision, this position will include fitting and joining, fabricating and repairing metal, and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
1. Weld components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
2. Sets-up, lays out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricated parts and/or rework finished products.
3. Read, understand, and follow blueprints, job order specifications, engineering drawings.
4. Determine and use the correct weld fixture if available.
5. Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
7. Adhere to all SMC and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
8. Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each skill satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Welding certificate or technical diploma.
2. Previous experience in weld fabrication environment preferred.
3. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, weld symbols, instructions, and customer specifications.
4. Knowledge of welding processes, such as MIG and TIG.
5. Physical requirements – person must stand for the entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds repetitively throughout the shift, and have good balance along with
6. Must be self-motivated, team player and have good communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.