Reports to: Paintline Supervisor
The Paint line prepper is responsible for loading and unloading parts on and off of the auto paint line system. Also includes preparing parts for the painting process including masking and plugging of parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
1. Loads and unloads parts on and off the paint line system.
2. Ensures the paint line remains at full capacity to ensure proper efficiencies and customer demands are met.
3. Properly prepares parts for painting process including masking and plugging and other appropriate steps as deemed necessary by routings and job packets.
4. Assists in the packaging of parts and being removed from the paint line per customer requirements.
5. Determines what hooks are necessary for which parts and properly utilizes them.
6. Responsible for visual inspection of completed parts.
7. Performs general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
8. May perform basic material handling duties with the use of forklift to move material and stage materials.
9. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each skill satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Experience working in a paint line production environment.
3. Ability to differentiate between paint, colors, and grades.
4. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, instructions, and customer specifications.
5. Physical requirements – person must stand for the entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds repetitively throughout the shift, and have good balance along with
6. Must be self-motivated, team player and have good communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.