Reports to: Production Manager/Lead
The Laser Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the laser to perform laser cutting operations for a variety of customer’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
1. Start up, set-up and operate the laser machine to manufacture product using engineering prints.
2. Perform tasks such as selecting operating programs from database, select and mount fixtures.
3. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations.
4. Set-up and troubleshoot machine as problems arise
5. Ensure quality parts.
6. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each skill satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School Diploma.
2. 1 – 5 years of related laser or machine experience.
3. Analytical and mathematical skills to interpret layouts and blueprints.
4. Ability to set-up machine and troubleshoot problems as they occur.
5. Physical requirements – person must stand for the entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds repetitively throughout the shift, and have good balance along
with hand-eye-foot coordination.
6. Must have their own tools (caliper, square, protractor, etc.)
7. Must be self-motivated, team player and have good communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.